The Big Day has come and gone. Surprisingly, we all made it through without the shedding of a single, solitary tear. Not one. We're just too damn proud of this kid. And the most exciting thing about school so far? Meeting another boy with the same name AND the same (Star Wars. Naturally) backpack. It's very, very early days, but I have a feeling he's gonna love this gig called school.
That decorated, cardboard cone up there - Schultüte - is given to children by their parents on their first day of school. Full of treats, toys, school supplies etc, they're carried around all day and opened upon returning home. You can buy them or do what we did and whip it up yourselves.
Man, I love this German tradition.
xxx
Ps Happy 5 Miss Liv xx
9 comments:
Absolutely adorable! He looks do very happy. As for the special package filled with school supplies...um, I'd live one of them!
That is so awesome. That toothless smile, that first day, that schultute. I can just imagine you guys carrying on that tradition when poor, embarrassed Elke starts school back on Aussie soil! Kellie xx
PS Imagine the anticipation of carrying that thing around ALL DAY and waiting until you got home to open it?! Kellie xx
He looks so super excited. Happy to hear that it all went well!
That is the coolest tradition. I think we should do that all through life. Starting a new job...here's a massive cardboard torch packed with treats to carry round. Imagine the looks....
Go Oli for rocking the first few days of school. How can anyone resist being anything but your friend. xx
ps. Love Elke skulking in the background in her Connies like a little rebel kiddo xx
Bless those two missing front teeth. So sweet. Sounds like a lovely, smooth transition.
Gorgeous boy, growing up fast! He looks a lot like you (just with less teeth)!
That goody filled sea themed cone would have been too tempting for me. I would have peeked for SURE! x
P.S - The Mister looks VERY sharp in that suit!
My 'cone' was the only reason I went to school in grade one. I was dead set sure anything was worth a Schultute!
Post a Comment