Yesterday was a HUGE day for us. It was Oli's last day of Kindy. I can't believe it's here already. The place where he spent almost every day of the last two years. The place where he picked up a second language. The place where we met so many amazing people from all over the world and made some very good friends. We celebrated this momentous and emotional occasion with ice-cream (double scoops!), friends and a play at a local spielplatz. Here in Germany, kids don't start school until they're 6 years and the school year begins in September. So come next month we'll have a big school boy on our hands. But until then Elke and I have him all to our (greedy) selves.
xxx
Ps Happy Birthday Pa.
4 comments:
That one of Oli and Elke hugging? Bloody adorable. Bought a tear to my hormonal eye.
Go Oli...growing up and starting big school soon. You totally deserve a double scoop xx
ps. Ben would go nuts for Oli's t-shirt. Does it come in big boy sizes? xx
Oh that hug! Sweetest thing about my early Friday morning. Kellie xx
Agree with Nell and Kellie - that photos of those two sweeties hugging is too cute. How is Oli dealing with the transition: is he happy to be going to school? It's so nice that you guys had such a great experience through Oli's kindy and that you met so many people through it. I'm looking forward to those days (when I met other mums through L. cos right now most of my friends are kiddyless!). xx
ps: and about turning 18 months, definitely a mix of fun and challenge. I can feel the terrible twos fast approaching already, yikes!
By the way, I keep meaning to say danke for the SW's link. I really wanted a pair but I have decided to wait until summer 2012 because given the weather this year, my feet don't deserve them. Boohoo!
Post a Comment